St Mary’s Church supports a select group of local charities each year through fundraising initiatives and by promoting their work to the congregation. A folder containing publicity on each charity is located at the back of the church.
In 2015 St Mary’s Church aims to raise a total of £14,800 (£11,800 for the charities and £3,000 as a contribution to the Parish Share). You can help us raise these funds by supporting our events and through direct donations.
In 2015 St Mary’s Church is supporting the following charities:
1. Brentwood Citizens Advice Bureau. Offering free confidential information and advice to Borough residents.
2. Brentwood Crossroads Care Attendant Scheme. Providing respite care for disabled relatives living at home.
3. Brentwood Schools Christian Worker Trust. Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ in local schools.
4. Chelmsford Diocesan Mothers’ Union. Supporting local child contact centres.
5. CMS (Church Mission Society). Working with churches at home and overseas in evangelism, community development and inter-faith dialogue, as well as among refugees – donations assigned to Gahini Mission Hospital, Rwanda.
6. Essex Clergy Charity Corporation. Supporting the needs of serving and retired clergy and their widows and widowers
7. Interact. Supporting those with mental health and learning disability problems.
8. Little Havens Children’s Hospice. Providing short term respite care for children and their families.
9. Ormiston Children & Families Trust. Supporting disadvantaged children and young people in danger of social exclusion in the East of England.
10. St Francis Hospice. Caring for patients with cancer and life-limiting illnesses and their families.
11. St Mary’s School. For school funds to assist families.
12. Shenfield High School. For their work in Religious Studies.
13. SNAP (Special Needs And Parents). Supporting local children with special needs and their families.
14. The Mission to Seafarers. Caring for seafarers of all nationalities in over 260 ports around the world.
St Mary’s Church also continues to support other charities, as follows:
15. The Children’s Society. Caring for children in need and promoting their development (through the Christingle Service in December and collecting boxes).
16. Crisis. Helping homeless people at Christmas and throughout the year (through special collections in church during December).
17. Christian Aid. Responding to poverty and disasters across the world (through house-to-house collections locally during Christian Aid Week in May each year).
For further details on donating to St Mary’s Charities and Shenfield PCC please email.
If you are a UK taxpayer and would like to donate to the St Mary’s Charities Fund or the Shenfield PCC please download a Gift Aid form here.
You will find details of where to send your donation on the form.